Monday, April 2, 2007

Sean Lennon used to being recognized, sort of


ALEXANDRIA, Virginia (AP) -- Sean Lennon is accustomed to people recognizing him because of his famous parents, but one incident really caught him off-guard.
"When I was 15, a cabdriver asked me if I was Paul McCartney's daughter," the 31-year-old singer told AP Radio in a recent interview. "That really blew my mind."
Lennon said he usually finds himself unfazed by all the attention he gets as the son of Yoko Ono and former Beatle John Lennon, who was killed in New York City in 1980.
"I don't have any perspective on a life without people freaking out about my parents, so I don't know what it would be like for that not to happen," he said.
"People only have glimpses of like, you know, who I might be and I don't think people have a real sense of what I'm like necessarily," he said. "I get the spoiled-rich-kid thing a lot and I get the serious-thing a lot, but I think people are misunderstanding me."
Lennon, who is on tour in support of his latest album, "Friendly Fire," prefers to be on the road.
"I like playing music live for people because it's the way music was meant to be heard," he said. "We've only been recording music for a couple hundred years."
Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

No comments: